Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ramones "Leave Home"

For 40 days I will write short blurbs on what I consider the most essential recordings of all time. Enjoy...




This list of 40 albums should technically contain almost every Ramones record ever made. The Ramones are the reason I love punk rock; hands down, end of story. The reason I chose Leave Home out of their massive catalog is that this was the first record I got from the Ramones. Leave Home radically changed my perception of rock music at the tender age of 13. This record single-handedly made me turn away from mainstream corporate rock to punk. Although I personally enjoy The Ramones' self-titled just as much, Leave Home means more to me because it was my introduction to a sub-culture that had been spewing for a good 16 years at that time.

Honestly The Ramones' first 4 albums should be considered as pinnacle American Rock and Roll albums but if you're reading this you know that already ;)

Tracks to listen for are: Carbona Not Glue, Commando, You're Gonna Kill That Girl.

Buy it HERE- http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=124543&

No comments: