Sunday, December 6, 2009

Favorite albums of all time

I was asked what I thought the best records of all time were. This is a cynical question in my opinion because music is something that means so much to everyone.

Here's a list of 40 records that I will never get sick of listening to. This is a very personal list of records, they are my musical tattoos of life events if you will.

In the coming days I'll write a short piece on why each of these records have changed my life and why I hang on to them.

In no particular order I introduce you into what makes me happy. I'd suggest you'd check these artists out if you haven't already.

1. The Misfits "Walk Among Us"
2. Groovie Ghoulies "Appetite for Adrenochrome"
3. Ramones "Leave Home"
4. Angry Samoans "Back from Samoa"
5. Beastie Boys "Paul's Boutique"
6. Beck "Odelay"
7. Bouncing Souls "The Good, The Bad and the Argyle"
8. Buena Vista Social Club "S/T"
9. The Clash "London Calling"
10. The Crumbs "Low and Behold"
11. Dwarves "Are young and good looking"
12. Jon Cougar Concentration Camp "Til Niagra Falls"
13. Nirvana "Incesticide"
14. The Vaselines "Enter the Vaselines"
15. Guitar Wolf "Planet of the wolves"
16. The Lillingtons "The Backchannel Broadcast"
17. The Mr. T Experience "Revenge is Sweet, and so are you"
18. Mudhoney "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge"
19. Mudhoney "Superfuzz Bigmuff"
20. Pixies "Doolittle"
21. The Queers "Love Songs for the Retarded"
22. The Riverdales "Phase 3"
23. Screeching Weasel "Anthem for a new tomorrow"
24. Screeching Weasel "Boogada Boogada Boogada"
25. Sonic Youth "Bad Moon Rising"
26. Sonic Youth "Goo"
27. Sonic Youth "Sister"
28. Suicidal Tendencies "s/t"
29. Weezer "Blue Album"
30. Youth Brigade "Sink with Kalifornia"
31. The Beatles "Rubber Soul"
32. Butthole Surfers "Hairway to Steven"
33. Danzig "S/T"
34. Green Day "Dookie"
35. The Illustrated "Alphabaggage"
36. Pink Lincolns "Back from the Pink Room"
37. Foo Fighters "S/T"
38. Yellowman "King Yellowman"
39. Groovie Ghoulies "Born in the Basement"
40. Glocca Morra "The Working Bones, A Health Decline"

No comments: